Saturday, April 20, 2019

Ahh!

Ahhh! The sound of the sigh of relief. The one you make when you sit down after a hard day of work, or one after your first sip from a cool drink on a very hot day.

The one I made, I am a mother finally.

Not just in this moment but for the last 16 months exactly today. Never mind that I had to just edit that timeline as I wrote this 3 months and 9 days ago.

She is strong, but sensitive, but the most beautiful being I have ever met. And it is true what they say about them being our teachers as much as we are to them.

I have surrendered so much during this process- control really- to how things should be , how she should be, what, who, when, where...

"Juice" she points and asks though now it is only water in the glass and as I help her to a sip and she withdraws her mouth from the vessel, she smacks her lips and let's out an "Ah!"

Yes my beautiful girl, you are the sip I've been longing for.

No comments :

Post a Comment