Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No safety in now

Would you believe that I actually started typing this post and deleted it, this after staring at the screen for couple of minutes while I wrote the post in my mind?

Job 23 :10 says: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

 The devil would have me believe that staying right here, in this moment, is better than moving forward. Better than what is to come. After all, I do not know what is to come.  He would like me to find comfort in the safety of now. In other words he would like me to stop growing, stop searching, stop desiring, stop dreaming, stop hoping, stop resting on the promises of God.

Life is not a moment. Let me type that again. Life is not a moment. 

It is a series of events.  It is a journey.  It is a path we must take, whether you are going to creep, walk, run, drive, ride and die. Everything, from we were born 'til we die, is a progression.  We were not made to stand still. We were not made to not grow. The only way to grow is to step out of the safety of now.  

I had to ask myself this question, when the devil tried to lie to me: What kind of woman do I want to be? Do I want to be the woman that sits idly while time passes? Do I want to be a piece of copper? Or like Job do I want to be gold?  My trials are not in vain, because God has a plan.  My tears are not in vain because, He knows best.  My losses are not in vain, because he is making room.

Don't be disheartened, Dream, and Dream Big. Live and Live Loud. Love and Love with everything you have.  Make everything count.  Don't sit down, get up and dance, Don't be quiet, sing the song of your soul.
Even nature doesn't stand still, the Earth moves, the trees grow, the flowers bloom everything grows, and so do I.  

As do you.

Know this, there is no safety in NOW.  
Originally Published in 2012

2 comments :

  1. I just wanted to say that your blog is such an encouragement and I look forward to reading your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shauna. I look forward to us both seeing what God has in store.

      Delete